Saturday, September 22, 2007

Wedding Gifts



On September 15, I presided at a truly unbelievable wedding ceremony on a peak overlooking the vineyards of Sonoma, CA. Capping a fairytale courtship, Holly and Jason were wed--literally--in a vineyard adjacent to a glorious "villa." (For a small town kid from North Dakota, that villa resembled more of a palace to me!)

The site was magical, but the ceremony was truly grounded in the deep faith this couple shares. I was honored to be with them. Having journeyed with them during months of preparation for their marriage, this wedding ceremony was a gift to partake. I give thanks for this opportunity to have been in such a gorgeous location, but the time spent with Holly and Jason as their pastor was even more of a gift. Thank you both!

Following the wedding weekend, my beloved and I snuck into San Francisco for three days of a "second honeymoon." We enjoyed ourselves immensely. Most of all, we need to thank my parents and our dear friends the Davidsons for making those days possible by lovingly watching our kids. You are truly a gift!

No comments: