Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jonas is 5 today!

Jonas turned five today.

He is so fun to have around. Last night he was amazed by the idea that he was going to bed as a four-year old, but would wake up as a five-year old. And when he woke up this morning he was so excited he bubbled over with song before we could get in there.

First there had to be the traditional chocolate-in-bed and then boiled eggs for breakfast. Then we walked to daycare and were greeted by many very excited Jonas' friends decorating for his birthday. The sign reads, "Congratulations on your day!"

3 comments:

Preaching Kate said...

Give Jonas a hug from all his Minnesota friends! Five is a big birthday...I know my nephew was excited that he was all the fingers on one hand finally! :) We miss you much here in MN, but are glad you are doing well!

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Jonas! Love The Alto's (Especially Ashley!!)

Monika said...

How Wonderful to be 5... I have had 3 of them... and it goes way too fast... the time...
in a few months my baby girl will graduate from High School, and will be getting ready to cruise off to college... my other baby will be 15 in a few days. and my littlest one... still only 10... now they hold me! Time. we never have enough of it, and yet we want it all back. I love my time... and I love my time with my kids, and I want more!!! Thanks be to God.
Monika