Wednesday, December 01, 2010

December the 1st

After being encouraged to write more by a member of the church I used to serve, I have decided to enter into a kind of preparation. Recognizing as well that Advent is a waiting in and of itself, this venture seems salient in it's timing.

I have been reflecting on the Children's sermon Ann Christin gave this past Sunday. The main point was that as we begin Advent we are preparing for a party. And just as we likely wouldn't imagine having a party without preparing for it, such is the case with Christmas. But then she went on to say, "Is this really what Advent is about? Are we entering into a mad dash to make seven kinds of cookies, buy gifts and rush like mad to have everything ready?"

What are you doing this advent? Are there any preparations that help prepare you for Christmas?

It would be a joy to have you share your comments. I will do my best to respond, either directly or in subsequent postings.

Have a peace-filled advent!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Tromsø, Norway

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I enjoyed your first blog on Advent and it made me think of what it is all about. After losing Marcy in October, our Christmas is a little sadder. Knowing that Marcy is with God brings us peace and reminds us that this time of year is for families caring for each other and not about the gifts, cookies (although we will miss her lefse!) and a hectic schedule. Rather to contemplate, through His word, on the greatest gift of all. God bless you Darin - you are missed!